In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rode Hill like this:
ROAD-HILL, a chapelry in North Bradley parish, Wilts; adjacent to Road in Somerset, and 3 miles N Wby W of Westbury r. station. It was constituted in 1852; and its post town is Road, under Bath. Pop, 408. Houses, 97. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £159.* Patron, the Vicar of North Bradley. The church is good; and there is a national school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Rode
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rode Hill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rode Hill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rode Hill, in Mendip and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rode Hill".