In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sticklepath like this:
STICKLEPATH, a chapelry, with a village, in Sampford-Courtney parish, Devon; 4¼ miles NE of Okehampton r. station. It has a post-office under Okehampton, and an inn. Pop., 221. The living is annexed to Sampford-Courtney.
Additional information about this locality is available for Sampford Courtenay
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sticklepath has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Devon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sticklepath and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sticklepath in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sticklepath".