In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Guyhirn like this:
GUYHIRN, a chapelry, with a railway station, in Wisbeach St. Mary parish, Cambridge; on the New Nen river, 6½ miles SW of Wisbeach. It has a postoffice under Wisbeach. Pop., nearly 600. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Wisbeach.
Additional information about this locality is available for Wisbech
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Guyhirn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Fenland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Guyhirn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Guyhirn, in Fenland and Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Guyhirn".