In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gawcott like this:
GAWCOTT, a chapelry in Buckingham parish, Bucks; 2 miles SSW of Buckingham town and r. station. It has a post office under Buckingham. Real property, £1, 874. Pop., 571. Houses, 140. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £148.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was rebuilt in 1828. Charities, £69.
Additional information about this locality is available for Buckingham
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gawcott has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gawcott and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gawcott, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Gawcott".