Place:


Aldborough Hatch  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aldborough Hatch like this:

ALDBOROUGH HATCH, a chapelry in Great Ilford parish, Essex; 1½ mile NE of Ilford r. station, and 8½ miles ENE of Bishopsgate. It has a post office under Ilford, London E. The famous Fairlop oak stood near it, 36 feet in girth of bole, and 300 feet in circumference of head. Hainault forest, adjacent on the N, was part of the old great forests of the country. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patron, the Crown. A new church was built in 1863.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ilford

Aldborough Hatch through time

Aldborough Hatch is now part of Redbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Redbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aldborough Hatch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aldborough Hatch, in Redbridge and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23736

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aldborough Hatch ".