In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Botleys like this:
BOTLEYS and LYNE, a chapelry in Chertsey parish, Surrey; near the Chertsey branch of the Southwestern railway, 2 miles SW of Chertsey. Post Town, Chertsey. Rated property, £6,211. Pop., 494. Houses, 110. The property is divided among a few. Botleys Park is the seat of R. Gosling, Esq., and has richly-wooded grounds. The chapelry was constituted in 1849. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Botleys has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Runnymede. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Botleys and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Botleys, in Runnymede and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Botleys".