In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blindley Heath like this:
BLINDLEY-HEATH, a chapelry in Godstone parish, Surrey; near the Southeastern railway, S of Godstone station, and 5¾ miles N by W of East Grinstead. It has a post office under East Grinstead. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £173.* Patron, the Vicar of Godstone. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blindley Heath has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tandridge. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blindley Heath and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blindley Heath, in Tandridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blindley Heath".