In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harrow Weald like this:
HARROW-WEALD, a hamlet and a chapelry in Harrow-on-the-Hill parish, Middlesex. The hamlet lies ¾ of a mile N of Harrow r. station, and 2 N of Harrow; and has a post office under Stanmore, London, NW. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop. in 1861, 1, 119. Houses, 229. The property in it is not much divided. Weald Park is the seat of R. Smith, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Harrow. The church is good; and there is a national school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Harrow
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Harrow Weald has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harrow. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Harrow Weald and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harrow Weald, in Harrow and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harrow Weald".