In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shacklewell like this:
SHACKLEWELL, a metropolitan suburb in Hackney, St. John parish, Middlesex; 3 miles N N E of St. Paul's, London. It has a large church, in the Grecian style; and it was the residence of Mrs. Heron, Sir T. More's daughter, and of the Rowes.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shacklewell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hackney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shacklewell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shacklewell, in Hackney and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shacklewell".