Place:


Speenhamland  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Speenhamland like this:

SPEENHAMLAND, a chapelry in Speen parish, Berks; adjacent to Newbury town and r. station. Post town, Newbury. Real property, £4,633; of which £92 are in gasworks. Pop., 1,767. Houses, 366. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £152.* Patron, the Vicar of Speen. The church was built in 1830.

Additional information about this locality is available for Newbury

Speenhamland through time

Speenhamland is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Speenhamland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Speenhamland in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23593

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Speenhamland ".