In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranbourne like this:
CRANBOURNE-ST. PETER, a chapelry in Winkfield, Old Windsor, and Sunninghill parishes, Berks; adjacent to Windsor Park, 2½ miles N by W of Suuning-hill r. station, and 4½ SW by S of Windsor. It was constituted in 1851. Post town, Ascot, under Staines. Pop., 1, 514. Houses, 302. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £128.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford.
Additional information about this locality is available for Winkfield
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cranbourne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bracknell Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cranbourne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranbourne, in Bracknell Forest and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cranbourne".