In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bearwood like this:
BEARWOOD, a chapelry in Hurst and Wokingham parishes, Berks; 2¼. miles S of Wokingham r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post Town is Wokingham. Pop., 814. Houses, 169. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £180.* Patron, J. Walter, Esq. The church is handsome.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bearwood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wokingham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bearwood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bearwood, in Wokingham and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bearwood".