In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Arthog like this:
CAPEL-ARTHOG, a hamlet in Llangelynin parish, Merioneth; on the river Maw, under Cader-Idris, 6½ miles WSW of Dolgelly. It has a post office under Corwen, and a chapel of ease.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Arthog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Gwynedd. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Arthog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Arthog, in Gwynedd and Merionethshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Arthog".