In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snibston like this:
SNIBSTON, A hamlet in Packington parish, Leicester; near the Swannington railway, 4½ miles SE of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Pop., 595. Houses, 110. The manor belongs to Lady Edith Hastings. Coal is extensively worked. There is a very old chapel of ease.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Snibston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North West Leicestershire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Snibston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snibston, in North West Leicestershire and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Snibston".