In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:
BROUGHTON, a hamlet in Monknash parish, Glamorgan; 5½ miles SW of Cowbridge.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Broughton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of The Vale of Glamorgan. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Broughton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Broughton".