In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bangor like this:
BANGOR, or Capel-Bangor, a chapelry in Llanbadarn-Fawr parish, Cardigan; on the river Rheidol, 5 miles E of Aberystwith. Post Town, Aberystwith. Pop., 1,919. Houses, 354. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £148. Patron, the Vicar of Llanbadarn-Fawr. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bangor has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bangor and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bangor, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bangor".