In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leckford like this:
LECKFORD, a village and a parish in Stockbridge district, Hants. The village stands on the river Test, adjacent to the Andover railway, 2 miles NNE of Stockbridge; and has a post office under Winchester, and a small fishing club house, patronized by Earl Craven and several neighbouring gentry.The parish comprises 2, 236 acres. Real property, with Wherwell, £6, 835. Rated property of L. alone, £1, 615. Pop., 279. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. Longman and J. Anderson, Esqs. There are some chalk pits. The living is twofold, a vicarage and a sinecure rectory, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, of the vicarage, £142;* of the rectory, £400; Patron of the former, the Rector; of the latter, St. John's College, Oxford. The church is ancient but good. There is an endowed school, with £11 a year..
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leckford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leckford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leckford, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leckford".