In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pencader like this:
PENCADER, a hamlet in Llanfihangel-ar-Arth parish, Carmarthenshire; on the Manchester and Milford railway, 11½ miles N of Carmarthen. It has a station on the railway, and an Independent chapel; and was theplace where Rhys-ab-Gruffydd made peace with Henry II.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pencader has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pencader and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pencader in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pencader".