In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bryn Y Beirdd like this:
BRYN-Y-BEIRDD, a hamlet in Llandilofawr parish, Carmarthen; near Llandilofawr. Real property, £921. Pop., 386.
The location is that of "Cwrt-bryn-y-beirdd", as more clearly marked on the modern 1:25,000 map. Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849) provides a more detailed description: "BRYN-Y-BEIRDD, a hamlet, in that part of the parish of Llandilo-Vawr which is in the hundred of Iscennen, in the union of Llandilo-Vawr, county of Carmarthen, South Wales, 4 miles (S. E. by S.) from Llandilo-Vawr; containing 386 inhabitants. A farmhouse in this hamlet, called Cwrt Bryn-y-Beirdd, is supposed to have been the collegiate residence of the bards attached to the royal palace and castle of Carreg-Cennen" (http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=47804, accessed 7/3/2011).
Bryn Y Beirdd is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bryn Y Beirdd itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bryn Y Beirdd in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bryn Y Beirdd ".