Place:


Empshott  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Empshott like this:

EMPSHOT, a parish in Petersfield district, Hants; 3 miles NW of Liss r. station, and 6 SE by S of Alton. Post town, Selborne, under Alton. Acres, 1, 320. Real property, £1, 057. Pop., 167. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Valne, £103.* Patron, J. Eldridge, Esq. The church is good.

Empshott through time

Empshott is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Empshott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Empshott in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2319

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Empshott ".