In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bannel like this:
BANNEL, a township in Hawarden parish, Flint; near the Mold railway, 4½ miles E of Mold. Acres, 376. Real property, £463. Pop., 124. Houses, 28.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bannel has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bannel and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bannel in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bannel".