In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Magna like this:
ASTON-MAGNA, a chapelry in Blockley parish, Worcester; near the Fosse-way, adjacent to the West Midland railway, near Blockley station, 3 miles NW by N of Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Post Town, Blockley under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Real property, £1,851. Pop., about 300. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £246.* Patron, Lord Redesdale. The church is very good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aston Magna has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aston Magna and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Magna, in Cotswold and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aston Magna".