Place:


Trefonen  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trefonen like this:

TREFONEN, a chapelry in Oswestry parish, Salop; 3 miles SW of Oswestry r. station. It was constituted in 1842; and it has a post-office under Oswestry. Pop. in 1861, 1,248. Houses, 297. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £175. Patron, Earl Powis.

Trefonen through time

Trefonen is now part of Oswestry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Oswestry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trefonen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trefonen, in Oswestry and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23070

Date accessed: 19th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trefonen ".