In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilstock like this:
TILSTOCK, a chapelry in Whitchurch and Prees parishes, Salop; 2½ miles S of Whitchurch r. station. It has a post-office under Whitchurch. Pop., 656. Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rector of Whitchurch. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tilstock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tilstock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilstock in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tilstock".