In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newsham like this:
NEWSHAM, an extra-parochial tract in Caistor district, Lincoln; 8½ miles N of Caistor. Pop., 14. A Gilbertine priory was founded here, in the time of Henry II., by Peter de Gousel; and was given, at the dissolution, to the Brandons.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Newsham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Newsham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newsham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Newsham".