In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gwalchmai like this:
GWALCHMAI, a village in Trewalchmai parochial chapelry, Anglesey; 5¼ miles W of Llangefni. It has a post office under Holyhead.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gwalchmai has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gwalchmai and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gwalchmai in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Gwalchmai".