In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Harnham like this:
HARNHAM (EAST), a tything and a chapelry in Britford parish, Wilts. The tything lies near the river Avon and the Bishopstoke and Salisbury railway, ½ a mile S of Salisbury; and has a post-office under Salisbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1855. Rated property, £990. Pop., 461. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £70. Patron, the Vicar of Britford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Harnham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Harnham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Harnham, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Harnham".