In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleworth like this:
LITTLEWORTH, a village and a chapelry in Great Faringdon parish, Berks. The village stands 2 miles NE of Faringdon town and r. station. The chapelry contains also the hamlets of Thrupp and Wadley; and it was constituted in 1843. Post town, Faringdon. Pop., 337. Houses, 64. Wadley House is the seat of T. M. Goodlake, Esq., and has a fine park. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £75. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church is modern and plain.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Littleworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Vale of White Horse. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Littleworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleworth, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Littleworth".