In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brockham like this:
BROCKHAM, or Brockham Green, a village and a chapelry in Betchworth parish, Surrey. The village stands on the river Mole, 1½ mile SW of Betchworth r. station, and 2 E of Dorking; and has a post office, of the name of Brockham Green, under Reigate. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. Pop., 761. Houses, 147. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100.* Patron, Col. Goulburn. The church is a neat edifice in the Norman style, with a spire; and there are a Baptist chapel and a girls' orphanage. See Betchworth.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brockham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mole Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brockham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brockham, in Mole Valley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brockham".