In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cumberworth Half like this:
CUMBERWORTH-HALF, a township in Kirk-Burton and Emley parishes, W. R. Yorkshire; contiguous to Cumberworth. Acres, 250. Real property, £3, 345; of which £200 are in mines. Pop., 1, 974.
The location is that of the village of Skelmanthorpe: sources agree that "Cumberworth Half" was distinct from Cumberworth, and included part of Skelmanthorpe. A more precise location is needed.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cumberworth Half has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kirklees. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cumberworth Half and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cumberworth Half, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cumberworth Half".