In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bayston Hill like this:
BAYSTON-HILL, a chapelry in the parishes of Condover-and St. Julian, Salop; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 1 mile N of Condover station, and 3½ S of Shrewsbury. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post office under Shrewsbury. Pop., 605. Houses, 13 4. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £140.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Julian.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bayston Hill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shrewsbury and Atcham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bayston Hill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bayston Hill, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bayston Hill".