In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Highmoor like this:
HIGHMORE, a chapelry in Bix and Rotherfield-Greys parishes, Oxford; under the Chiltern hills, 4½ miles WNW of Henley-on-Thames r. station. It was constituted in 1860; and its post town is Nettlebed, under Henley-on-Thames. Pop., 333. Houses, 71. Pop. of the Rotherfield-Greys portion, 283. Houses, 60. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £101.* Patron, the Rector of Rotherfield-Greys. The church was built in 1859, and is in the early English style. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Highmoor has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Highmoor and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Highmoor in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Highmoor".