In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Platt like this:
PLATT, a chapelry in Wrotham parish, Kent; 5 miles N E of Sevenoaks r. station. It was constituted in 1846, and its post town is Sevenoaks. Pop., 1,023. Houses, 202. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. . Value, £400.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. . The church was built in 1845, and is a handsomeedifice. Schools also were built in 1845.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Platt has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tonbridge and Malling. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Platt and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Platt, in Tonbridge and Malling and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Platt".