In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfynydd like this:
LLANFYNYDD, a chapelry in Hope parish, Flint; near Caergwrle r. station. it was constituted in 1845; and its Post town is Caergwrle, under Wrexham. Pop. in 1861,1,133. Houses, 137. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £250.* Patron, the Vicar of Hope.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfynydd has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfynydd and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfynydd in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfynydd".