In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leavenheath like this:
LEAVENHEATH, a village in Stoke-by-Nayland parish, and a chapelry partly also in three other parishes, in the S of Suffolk. The village stands 2½ miles NNW of Nayland, and 4¼ NE of Bures r. station. The chapelry originally included only the Stoke portion, but was recently reconstituted. Post town, Nayland, under Colchester. Pop., 520. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £98.* Patron, the Vicar of Stoke. The church is modern. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leavenheath has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Babergh. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leavenheath and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leavenheath, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leavenheath".