In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Garrison Side like this:
GARRISON-SIDE, an extra parochial tract in the country part of Hull, E. R. Yorkshire; 1 mile N of Hull. Real property, £4, 814. Pop., 160.
The location is that of the former citadel of Hull, which various sources make clear was the area covered by Garrison Side extra-parochial area.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Garrison Side has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kingston upon Hull. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Garrison Side and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Garrison Side, in Kingston upon Hull and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Garrison Side".