In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Feltwell like this:
FELTWELL, a village and a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk. The village stands near Sams Cut in the Fen, 3 miles N by E of Lakenheath r. station, and 5½ NW of Brandon; is large and neatly built; and has a post office‡ under Brandon, and a fair on 20 Nov. The parish comprises 14, 060 acres. ...
Real property, £11, 556. Pop., 1, 553. Houses, 352. The property is much sub-divided. There are four manors; and they belong to four parties. About 8, 000 acres in the parish are fen; and about 300 under wood. The upland tracts were enclosed in 1815. Feltwell Lodge is a chief residence. The parish comprises two quondam parishes, St. Mary and St. Nicholas; and is sometimes called Feltwell-St. Mary and St. Nicholas. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £1, 207.* Patron, alternately the Lord Chancellor and the Bishop of Norwich. St. Mary's church consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with massive square tower; has a brass of 1482; and was altered and enlarged in 1862. St. Nicholas church is ancient, and serves now as a cemetery chapel. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. Mundeford's free schools and alms-houses have £300; and other charities, including a fuel allotment of 360 acres, have £83.
Feltwell is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Feltwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Feltwell in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Feltwell ".