In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whistones like this:
WHISTONES, a tything in Claines parish, Worcestershire; 2 miles N of Worcester. Real property, £11,073. Pop. in 1851, 2,998; in 1861, 3,191. Houses, 643. See Claines.
The location is that given by the Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry (http://www.worcesterbmsgh.co.uk/Whistones.html, accessed 13/1/2011). Whistones would seem to be an earlier name for the part of Worcester now known as the Tything.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Whistones has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Worcester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Whistones and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whistones, in Worcester and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Whistones".