In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Orgreave like this:
ORGREAVE, a township in Alrewas parish, Stafford; on the river Trent, 4¼ miles N E by N of Lichfield. Real property, £1, 638. Pop., 175. Houses, 38. Orgreave Hall is a seat of the Earl of Lichfield.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Orgreave has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lichfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Orgreave and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Orgreave, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Orgreave".