In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newington like this:
NEWINGTON, a village in North Ferriby parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 5½ miles S E of South Cave.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Newington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kingston upon Hull. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Newington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newington, in Kingston upon Hull and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Newington".