In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fradley like this:
FRADLEY, a township-chapelry in Alrewas parish, Stafford; on the Grand Trunk canal, near Icknield-street, 1 mile W of Alrewas r. station, and 4½ NE by N of Lichfield. Post town, Alrewas, under Lichfield. Real property, £3, 086; of which £25 are in fisheries. Pop., 333. Houses, 77. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Alrewas, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church was built in 1861; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell turret and vestry.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fradley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lichfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fradley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fradley, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fradley".