In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coxlodge like this:
COXLODGE, a township in Gosforth parish, Northumberland; 2 ½ miles N by W of Newcastle. Acres, 808. Pop., 1, 092. Houses, 234. It contains the hamlets of Bulman's Village and Causeway-End; the former of which has a post office under Newcastle-on-Tyne. It contains also the grand stand on the Newcastle race-course, and a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Coxlodge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newcastle upon Tyne. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Coxlodge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coxlodge, in Newcastle upon Tyne and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Coxlodge".