In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Amberley like this:
AMBERLEY, a township in Marden parish, Hereford; 4 miles ENE of Moreton r. station. Acres, 377. Pop. 30. Houses, 7.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Amberley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Amberley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Amberley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Amberley".