In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alvaston like this:
ALVASTON, a township in Nantwich parish, Cheshire; 1½ mile N of Nantwich. It includes part of Beam Heath. Acres, 616. Real property, £1,380. Pop., 28. Houses, 6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Alvaston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Crewe and Nantwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Alvaston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alvaston, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Alvaston".