Place:


Brown Candover  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brown Candover like this:

BROWN-CANDOVER, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 4½ miles E of Mitcheldever r. station, and 5 N by W of New Alresford. It has a post office under Mitcheldever station. Acres, 2,088. Real property, £1,514. Pop., 322. Houses, 57. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Chilton-Candover, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £497.* Patron, Lord Ashburton. The church is a recent erection, in the early Tudor style.

Brown Candover through time

Brown Candover is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brown Candover itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brown Candover, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2240

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brown Candover ".