In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Blairmore like this:
Blairmore, a village in Kilmun parish, Argyllshire, on the W shore of Loch Long, 1 mile N of Strone, directly opposite Cove, and 7 miles by water WNW of Greenock. Of recent origin, it contains a number of neat villas. It has a post office, with money order, savings' bank, and telegraph departments under Greenock, and a good wooden pier (greatly improved in 1873); and it enjoys a delightful view of the reaches of the Firth of Clyde down to Cloch Point. The Clyde steamers to Kilmun and Lochgoilhead regularly call at it. The telegraph cable, for communication with the West Highlands, lies from it to Cove; was broken in December 1870; and, ten days after being broken, was successfully grappled and repaired. Blairmore Hill, 2 miles NW by N of the pier, rises 1402 feet above sea-level.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blairmore has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Argyll and Bute. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blairmore and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blairmore in Argyll and Bute | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blairmore".