In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Charity like this:
STOKE-CHARITY, a parish in Winchester district, Hants; near Micheldever r. station, and 6½ miles N of Winchester. Post town, Micheldever Station. Acres, 1,850. Real property, £1,595. Pop., 130. Houses, 28. The manor belongs to Sir W. Heathcote. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £389.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church ranges from Norman to later English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stoke Charity has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Winchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stoke Charity and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Charity, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stoke Charity".