In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Leadburn like this:
Leadburn, a hamlet on the southern verge of Penicuik parish, Edinburghshire, contiguous to the Peeblesshire boundary, 3 miles S of Penicuik town. It has an inn, a post office, and a station on the Peebles section of the North British railway at the junction of the branch to Dolphinton, 17½ miles S of Edinburgh.Ord. Sur., sh. 24, 1864.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leadburn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Midlothian. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leadburn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leadburn in Midlothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leadburn".