In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Kingston like this:
Kingston or Kingston-Port, a seaport village in Urquhart parish, Elginshire, near the left or W side of the mouth of the river Spey, ¾ mile N of Garmouth, and 5 miles N by W of Fochabers. It owes at once its origin and name to the establishment here (1784) of timber and shipbuilding yards by Messrs Dodsworth and Osborne of Kingston-upon-Hull; and shipbuilding is still carried on, but with foreign timber, and not so largely as once. All but three or four houses have been built since 1810. The Spey here, in January 1854, was frozen completely over, so as to afford a passage without the aid of a wherry, a circumstance unparallelled within the memory of the oldest inhabitant. Pop. (1841) 396, (1861) 434, (1871) 403, (1881) 326.Ord. Sur., sh. 95, 1876. See Spey and Garmouth.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Moray. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston in Moray | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingston".