In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Hatton like this:
Hatton, a village in Cruden parish, E Aberdeenshire, 8 miles NE of Ellon, under which it has a post office. At it are a branch of the Union Bank, a public school, and Cruden Free church (1844), which last was the nucleus of the village, and after which it at first was called the Free Kirkton of Cruden.Ord. Sur., sh. 87, 1876.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hatton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aberdeenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hatton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatton in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hatton".